Chicken breast fillet or thigh 6 pcs
Onion (medium) 1
Turmeric 1 tsp
Black pepper 1 tsp
Salt 2 tsps
Tomato paste 2 tbsps
Liquid saffron 3 tbsps
Plain yogurt 1 cup
Rice 2 ½ cup
Cooking salt 7 tbsps
Vegetable oil/ cooking oil 1-2 tbsps
Butter 1 tbsp
Barberry (optional) 1 cup
• Wash and rinse the rice 3 times and soak in cold water for an hour before cooking it.
• To prepare the chicken, add turmeric, black pepper, two tsps salt and tomato paste followed by hot water to the chicken and cook it for 25-30 minutes over medium heat.
• In a large bowl add egg, liquid saffron and plain yogurt and whisk them until well combined.
• Bring water to the boil and add the rice to it followed by 7 tbsps of salt and let it boil over high heat for 5 minutes. Mash the half cooked rice with a spoon, drain the rice in a large strainer and rinse it with warm water (Excess salt will be washed off too)
• Mix the well-drained rice with the yogurt-saffron mixture and mix it gently.
• Chop the cooked chicken to your desired size. Keep the stock/sauce for serving.
• Over medium high heat add oil to your pot and wait for 30 seconds until it is hot enough, then add half of your saffron rice. (Push it down well to get the air out/until flattened).
• Next, add your chicken to the center of the pot (1-2 cm away from the sides) followed by the rest of your rice, push down the rice to get the air out. Put the lid on and let it cook for 5-8 mins until it starts to steam.
• Once steaming reduce the heat to low and cover the lid with a kitchen cloth and let it cook for another 25-35 minutes.
• Over medium heat, melt butter, add barberry and sugar. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
• Once the rice is cooked, put your serving plate over the pot and flip to get the golden crusted rice out.
• Lastly, you can decorate it with barberry or any other dry fruits of your choice. HH
Read 52 times