Olive oil 1 1/2 tbsp
Garlic cloves 2 chopped
Onion 1 chopped
Ground beef 500 g
Beef stock 1 cup
Crushed tomatoes 800 g
Tomato paste 1 tbsp
Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp
Bay leaves 2
Fresh thyme 2 sprigs
Salt 1 tsp
Ground black pepper 1 tsp
Parmesan cheese 2 tbsp
Spaghetti 400 g
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Turn up the heat, add beef and cook until brown.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except salt and pepper. Stir, bring to a simmer, then turn down the heat to medium. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste right at the end.
5. Cook spaghetti as per directions on the package.
6. Serve beef sauce over spaghetti, add parmesan cheese on top.
Yummy Spaghetti Bolognese is ready to serve!
Digestive biscuits 255 g
Butter (melted) 170 g
Strawberries 420 g
Whipping cream 340 ml
Sugar 71 g
Cream cheese 675 g
1. Blend the biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted butter. Cover the bottom of 9 inch spring form with the mixture and place in the fridge.
2. Puree the strawberries and sugar in a food processor or blender.
3. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the cream and continue blending until thickened.
5. Pour batter over the prepared crust, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
6. Cheese cake does not contain gelatin so it is best to leave it overnight in the fridge for it to set.
Decorate with fresh strawberries on top and enjoy! HH
The writer is a chef who runs her own restaurant.
E-mail: [email protected]
Read 43 times